 Off-Topic / Debate / 1869
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:24:35 GMT

Sproaticus wrote <37C57D80.330C3CEB@io.com>...
<snip>
<SARCASM>
They were pre-schoolers, actually.  And it's funny how the news in Europe
always neglects to mention the ice-picks, chain-saws, and vials of anthrax.
</SARCASM>

How about the recent mass-murderer loose in Germany?  How about the guy who
freaked out a couple of weeks back in England, stabbing an elderly man
(fatally) and a father and child (grievously) in a random fashion?  How
about the recent shooting war in Kosovo?  It's my understanding that these
phenomenon are not restricted to the U.S.

My point was the really young age. Nowhere (alltough I don't have any hard
facts) is the number of murders done by young ones so high than in U.S. You
should really ask yourself what's going on!

How many years it has passed when all U.S. citizens got equal rights?

(again I must exclaim)  huh? • So U.S. citizens do have equal rights?

How many years since?  Well, it's a process, you see.  By some peoples'
definition, we started the ball rolling around 1776-ish, gave it a good • kick
around the 1860s, nudged it again in the 1960s, and in general have been
facing a series of achievements and setbacks ever since.  Now, for folks on
the other side of the puddle, I can think back to more recent events in
Europe where basic human rights were fairly expensive...

What's the speed of the rate of the change? (It seems to me that the great
mid/ shout area is at least one century behind the east/ west coast). Europe
is no homogenous region and neither is U.S. In anywhere it's sad that people
are fighting with each other just cause the neighbour happends to have
different ethnic/ racial background.
<snip>
-et