 Off-Topic / Debate / 1870
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:52:20 GMT

Ensio Tammi wrote:
Sproaticus wrote <37C57D80.330C3CEB@io.com>...
How about the recent mass-murderer loose in Germany?  How about the guy who
freaked out a couple of weeks back in England, stabbing an elderly man
(fatally) and a father and child (grievously) in a random fashion?  How
about the recent shooting war in Kosovo?  It's my understanding that these
phenomenon are not restricted to the U.S.
My point was the really young age. Nowhere (alltough I don't have any hard
facts) is the number of murders done by young ones so high than in U.S. You
should really ask yourself what's going on!

Who says I don't ask myself what's going on?  It's true, the young age of
these killers is tragic.  How much more tragic do you want it to be?  Would
you prefer the killers who go uncaptured for years?  Give me one kid who
blows up and burns out in a single day.

Perhaps it's better that these goons wigged out at such a young age, in that
their potential for destruction is significantly less than what it could
be.  Imagine how bad it could get if these kids grew to adulthood with the
simmering phychoses still submerged, and they are given jobs at a chemical
weapons plant or *shudder* in public broadcasting!

Whoops, forgot my SARCASM tags...

How many years it has passed when all U.S. citizens got equal rights?
(again I must exclaim)  huh?
So U.S. citizens do have equal rights?

No one has equal rights.  Period.  The concept, while pretty, is absolutely
unattainable.  We have to aim for the next-best solution, and accept that
there will always be stumbling blocks in the path.

Europe is no homogenous region and neither is U.S.

Ah.  Okay.  I understand.  Apology accepted.

Cheers,
- jsproat

He stands...like some sort of...PAGAN GOD or DEPOSED TYRANT.  Staring out
over the city he's sworn to...to stare out over...  And it's evident...just
by looking at him...that he's got some PRETTY HEAVY THINGS ON HIS MIND.
- Ben Edlund, 1996