 Star Wars / 16064
Re: Lando minifig picutre HERE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:56:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott E. Sanburn wrote:
   Overall, I think they should do away with the yellow minifig and eventually turn all their lines (DUPLO, Jack Stone, 4 Junior, Town, Train, Star Wars, etc.) into various races. I think Tyco had realistic colors of minifigs (IIRC), and Best Lock has both black and white minifigs, among other building
   toys. I think this would be the best solution to this.

Ew, no. I couldn’t disagree more. I have no problem with real basketball players being depicted with more naturalistic skin tones. I have no probem with Lando being brown. To be honest, I wouldn’t have minded if he looked rather like this non-standard faced basketball player (there’s a hint of racial detail but he’s still yellow):

Then again, I don’t think I could stand minis if they all had faces like on the basketball players. Those faces are...not good...it’s the nose ya know. Minis should not have noses.

I have lot’s of basic smileys and I like it that way. I don’t mind variations on the smiley theme, but I do think it would be a huge misteak to go with more naturalistic coloring and facial details for the minis! FWIW, I could go with fewer smirking faces too -- it seems like every new face they come up with is some smirking little fool. Most of the new “World City” faces are smirkers, as is the face of the new female in the “Orient Expedition” set. I am not a huge fan of the solutions found for wolfmen or dwarves either.

Blech!

Long live the yellow mini!!!

-- Hop-Frog