  Search Results: racial minifig
 Results 1981 – 2000 of about 17000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) It's very popular here in Turkey, especially in small towns and villages. The couple knows each other before the wedding generally, but it is not needed the marriage to be the decision and or desire of the couple (not of the girl, especially). (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Right, and that's a good reason to keep it. This reminds me of the time when I was introduced to my arranged bride-to-be (my wedding day, of course). Apparently, the dowry her parents could offer was meager, but she said she would go out and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) going (...) Yes, I questioned this earlier in this topic (quoting myself): "I have never seen ANYTHING from Lego that explains that this is their policy. Not here. Not on rec.toys.lego. Not in any of their sets. Not on their website. Not in (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Uh, it's worth pointing out that the "yellow represents all races" thing is *not* the official TLC line. It's something that people have said to attempt to explain the fact that there are only yellow minifigs. eric (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

In lugnet.starwars, David Low writes: (snipping intersting comments that stand fine without need of further comments from me) (...) yellow (...) are (...) I'm not convinced their needs to be a DSM (I'm just using the term out of convenience, BTW) (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Joe Vig Meets a Lady (A Little Risque)

(...) OTOH, here in San Francisco you just might see this situation on any given night...or in New York, TOkyo, Amsterdam, london, Paris, Sydney, etc. I agree that there isn't much humor, and there are many interpretations for the passing of money. (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, FTX)

minifig
(score: 0.356)

  BrickFest leftovers and comments

Well BrickFest 2005 was the best yet and I finally finished unpacking all my equipment. Thanks to all that stopped by and bought engraved bricks or just stopped by to say hello. On my return, I found I had about a dozen engraved BrickFest minifigs (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

minifig
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) and (...) I think the contrast between System minifigs and Duplo figs is important. Having Duplo figs with different flesh tones and different sizes reinforces for kids the importance of diversity. People are different colours and adults are (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) David, I don't think it was 100% crystal clear that Eric wasn't being serious. If I didn't know Eric, and I didn't know that he wasn't married, and I didn't know that he was a swell guy anyway who would never advocate domestic violence, I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.355)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) Well, I thought that it was clear as soon as I said I had taken part in an arranged marriage. I do know well enough that the practice still exist- even here in the USA- but I thought that placed me well within the bounds of fiction. Live and (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.355)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) I know a couple from Bengal (in India) that had an arranged marriage! Didn't meet until their wedding day. I had no reason to think you weren't being serious! And the example was wasted on me anyway, since I was presenting the scenario as I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.355)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) You do not need a new format. MPD's do the job just fine. I now realize I need to write a follow up to this article: (URL) it I will show how modeling using these guidelines leads to animation bliss. (...) LDraw files are perfect for models, (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad)

minifig
(score: 0.355)

  Re: Brick versions over the years

(...) Hey, sorry I usually don't hang around these here "parts". :-) Well you guys ask (and answered) some really tough questions.... In my (still!) upcoming Lego CD I will be discussing Lego parts mainly from 1949-80, although for some items I go (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)

minifig
(score: 0.355)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) At the very least you should read the manuals to see what techniques the artists use. They aren't stupid. And they do apply to Lego animation because I have read some manuals so I know. Lightwave is only $895, which isn't that expensive (how (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad)

minifig
(score: 0.355)

  Looking for Minifig Clone Trooper Head/Helmet

I've shown my class "Revenge of The Brick" www.treehouse.animat...n.com/rotb . One would like to replicate the Storm Trooper orchestra. We've got Darth, but we need a Storm Trooper Head Helmet. Is this in anyone's unofficial file? If so, can one (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad)

minifig
(score: 0.355)

  Re: defining proper content

"Michael Perri" <zerog270@aol.com> wrote in message news:FzBK0r.462@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) read (...) they (...) please (...) tough (...) they (...) racial (...) about (...) what (...) I've noticed, and so has everyone else I've spoken with, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 0.355)

  Holden Monaro (with bogan)

Hi all, Finally got around to rendering and making instructions for an old MOC, a (URL) Holden Monaro> sports car from the 1970s. For the non-Australians out there, you still see these things driving around Australia (mostly the outer suburbs), some (...) (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

minifig
(score: 0.355)

  Plethora of new mocs

Okay so these mocs are actually a few months old, I just never got around to take pictures of them. first off we have the Talon, A heavy starfighter inspired by the movie stealth (URL) the wings fold back for faster speeds (URL) when moderated> Next (...) (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

minifig
(score: 0.355)

  Re: I am not a nazi.

(...) I firmly believe that true Nazis (in the sense of the word where it is associated with a dark political agenda) would not quite be the kind of people who build Lego spaceships. Not even the most distorted of Nazi minds out there could possibly (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

minifig
(score: 0.355)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Except that TLC did not model the figs in "natural" skin tones. They used bright yellow. Had they modeled the light skinned characters in tan then it would make sense to model the dark skinned characters in brown. (I was surprised and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.355)

More:  Next Page >>