  Search Results: jack stone video
 Results 1301 – 1320 of about 8400.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: First LEGO League competition in Cincinnati Ohio

As a head referee for 3 of these contests this year, and many in the past, I have to second Jeff's recommendation to volunteer for these. You can find them on www.legoleague.org . Better yet, form a team and be a coach for next year. Believe me, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Erroded axles

I read this in your [fantastic, best LEGO robot book ever] book as well, but don't understand it. The snapping action of the links doesn't open in the direction they would be loaded in use, so how do they come apart? Did you try them in both (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Part modifications

Don't cut anything. In this exact same situation, I use a pair of medium pulley-wheels, mated together with half-pins through the six outer holes (3 in one direction, 3 in the other). There is very little grip area, but because you are right at the (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: user created programs

Yes, your new page is good and what we need. But I immediately have a question: It seems there are two pairs of canted receptors, two at front, and two at about mid-board. This implies there is some inherent directional sensing? I assume at least (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Solar panels, capacitor

Thanks for your response, but it really didn't address my questions. 1. How are these things supposed to be connected to an RCX? 2. Assuming that I could get power to it, would the RCX run with a solar panel (300ma) if I didn't connect any motors? I (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  WTB:handyboard

hi, i would like to buy a handyboard or borrow one(i'll pay for usage) for a week from someone on this dlist. my partner and i were going to use a HP calculator as a controller for a robot, but we haven't been able to get the compiler to work on the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

I thought the previews were "canned". I wouldn't mind a similar ability to can sub-model images. In other words, put the burden of updating on the user. Not having any way to get a preview image is pretty frustrating, especially if you do a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: First Lego League Software

I agree that it is a problem. In fact, I didn't know Robolab could use variables. So it was unfair, though not hugely so. This is something FLL needs to address, because the lack of variables is really a big flaw, and very hard to explain to the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Tyco

I bought a used batch of LEGO the other day, and it turned out to contain a large number of clones marked Tyco. Since I don't wnat these contaminating my LEGO, I plan to get rid of them. Is there an aftermarket for these? I had never heard of Tyco (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Camera IR and the RCX

I am a coach of a bunch of FLL kids, and have heard tournament organizers say "Auto-focus cameras may not be used". How real is this? Seems to me, the only thing that could affect an RCX that was not programmed to listen for IR messages is something (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Wholesale prices on RIS

The price control on RIS is very high. I doubt you will find it discounted anywhere until the next version comes out. Some RIS 2.0 were discounted before xmas, but most were RIS 1.5. Believe me, if there was a good way to get them at a low price, it (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS???? LEGO PLEASE READ!

Although I am patient, I must agree that the lack of light gray bulk packs surprises me. I would by many pounds of the stuff. But I have always assumed that my desires do not reflect the true sweet spot -- though I figured the star wars, castle, and (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: WHY SO LONG ON Light Gray?

Mike Petrucelli <lordi@erols.com> wrote in message news:Go8oMx.GFH@lugnet.com... (...) bulk (...) But you are making an assumption that you can see how many would sell at a particular price/quantity. That kind of assumption is precisely the hard one (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Camera IR and the RCX

I understand that even when it isn't programmed to do so, the IR subsystem in the RCX is operational. Otherwise, the remote wouldn't work. So we know it is "listening", even though the kids programs in these robots aren't programmed to listen for (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: First Lego League Software

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000001bf4c8d$06...@pro150... (...) Actually, it is JG, not JS. (...) contests (...) I doubt it sincerely. The contest is aimed at kids, and allowing any software environment seriously (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Friction on Rotation Sensor

Are you sure it is the sensor itself? We have found that the axis is often "off" a bit from canonical LEGO spacing, and if built into a structure, binds quite a bit. But if you assemble it so that the body (blue) of the sensor can "float" with (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Kohl's "Sales"

Not that it is any surprise to AFsOL, but The Boston Globe today has an investigative report on Kohl's (which is relatively new to MA), where they conclude there is systematic violation of the state's regulations on what "Sale" means, and more (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Robotics help laserscanning of 3D environment.

All the professional ones use essentially the same concept. Laser interferiometry to determine distance, and some kind of computer controlled most to increment the laser head. A series of points are the raw data. Filtering is necessary (there are (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Pure Energy & the RCX

Hey, all I want is to have the smallest lightest RCX and that means leaving the batteries out of it. I don't really care how they do the connectors. I even have one of those boxes with the button. I just think power source and power sink should be (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Scout vs. RIS 1.5

Ah, one more thing that isn't mentioned too much. Most of the more interesting sensors on the RCX are powered (light, rotation). The Scout can't handle these. Consider a life restricted to touch sensing. Not unworkable, but the equation 3 = 2+1 (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

More:  Next Page >>