 Technic / 6992
Re: Erroded axles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:27:14 GMT

I read this in your [fantastic, best LEGO robot book ever] book as well, but
don't understand it.  The snapping action of the links doesn't open in the
direction they would be loaded in use, so how do they come apart?  Did you
try them in both directions?

I must admit, I was dissapointed that LEGO pieces could not be attached to
the tread links.  That would allow various friction things and conveyor
assemblies.

--Jack Gregory

Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message
"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote:
I just bought 2 packs, and 36 links appears to be a direct replacement • for
one of the rubber treads, but I haven't tried it yet. They sure do seem • to
have a lot less friction!

Unfortunately they slip well on ground too!

And also take apart easily when under load, or when your vehicle runs over
rough terrain :-(
I love their modularity, but they are much less than optimal for all the
other aspects.

Mario