 Technic / 6979
Re: Erroded axles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:26:23 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Robert Seifert writes:
Yes, i did it before posting the message. It is of no use for me, front axle
is too low - too small ground clearance, every lubrication i tried catched
dust and made things much worse.

I think that's just an inherent problem with lubricating parts. I don't
think there is an easy way around it, unless we operate our models in a very
clean environment. But even then it's hard to keep everything clean.

I didn't tried teflon (?tephlone?) as lubricatin yet.

Have a look though a recent thread on the subject of teflon:
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=6922

If you try it on your model, please let us know how it works for you. Eager
minds want to know!

TJ