 Robotics / 9237
Re: First Lego League Software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:19:08 GMT

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message
news:000001bf4c8d$06180380$0500000a@pro150...
JS Gregory wrote...

Actually, it is JG, not JS.

BTW, I have to use the original code.  NQC is nice, but not for FLL • contests
where you have to use LEGO only software.

In the note on the 2000 season, it seems they will be releasing the new
software guidelines in the spring. I'm willing to bet that they will allow
just about any other software to be used, especially since NQC has become
so popular among enthusiasts.

I doubt it sincerely.  The contest is aimed at kids, and allowing any
software environment seriously destabilizes the playing field.  Some have
variables, some don't, etc.  Although I really think the RCX Code system is
limiting, I totally support a LEGO-only software policy for FLL.  At least
everyone has the same tools.

But, where did you hear they will be releasing new software guidelines in
the spring?  I follow this pretty closely, and have seen nothing, other than
a question on the questionnaire about whether we would be interested in a
spring contest.

--Jack Gregory