 Robotics / 9234
Re: Is a CDROM really necessary for mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:56:30 GMT

Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison@uk.sun.com> wrote:
than the 1.5 version), and I have an old Toshiba laptop that I can
dedicate purely to Mindstorms use. Unfortunately it doesn't have a
CDROM.  If I transfer the contents of the CDROM to disk will I be able

I highly recommend that you use NQC instead of the software on the CDROM.
Which means the only thing you'll need off of the disc is the firmware
image.