 Robotics / 16550
16549  |  16551
Subject:
Camera IR and the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:37:44 GMT

I am a coach of a bunch of FLL kids, and have heard tournament organizers
say "Auto-focus cameras may not be used".

How real is this?  Seems to me, the only thing that could affect an RCX that
was not programmed to listen for IR messages is something matching the
download sequence.  That would seem to me to be something that requires a
specific set of codes, in a specific format (I am not up on the details).

So, does anyone have any experience that says that cameras are definitely a
threat?

--Jack Gregory