  Search Results: higdon studies
 Results 546 – 565 of 710.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) Hail, Grand Admiral, Sir! Sgt. Farkas requests permission to speak freely, Sir. I read the story and didn't see anything about oil. Also, you can't discount his (W's) stated concern about energy prices, especially living on the west coast. And (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.272)

  Re: Is Bionicle violence?

(...) Marvin Harris has an interesting theory for why human culture has cultured men to be warriors and women to stay home and watch the kids. His theory is that it's ultimately a population control measure, not because wars kill people off (they (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.272)

  Re: LEGO Cool Kids - looking for innovative kids

Howdy, I sent this to Dan, but thought to share it with the group. There is a group of kids I work with who are all incredible people! Nolan, who is diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome and who creates some amazing stuff with LEGO and enjoys making 3D (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

studies
(score: 0.270)

  Student Nomination for Lego Media

Howdy, This is a reply to LEGO Media's call for interesting and innovating students of LEGO. I thought to share here as well, as this is the kind of student I would like to see our classrooms produce. There is a group of kids I work with who are all (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.edu)

studies
(score: 0.270)

  Re: !!!IMPORTANT!!!-SPUDS No fault of TLG-!!!IMPORTANT!!!

"Paul Gyugyi" <paul@gyugyi.com> wrote in message news:G9C6Fu.3uB@lugnet.com... (...) Ok, my bad. The Single Purpose Useless...thing kinda did me in there :-) Still, POOPs are evil, nasty and very bad things. (...) Ok. (...) I don't know (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

studies
(score: 0.270)

  Re: Success Ratio

(...) I tend to versionize my stuff. Houses and buildings tend to only go through one major revision before the demolition man comes along. Larger buildings often have several concepts (or "studies") built before I undertake the building. The train (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

studies
(score: 0.270)

  Re: What are all those lego companies?

Hi. (...) I think that this response rather misses the point as does the original question misunderstand the problem. The problem has nothing to do with hardware implementation. C was originally designed to be compiled on a computer with a disk (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

studies
(score: 0.269)

  O Lar, you brute... (Was Re: NDAs)

(...) That is the biggest piece of hogwash I have seen come from you yet. I don't believe there has really ever been a "we want it because we want it" crowd -- that's just a straw man of your own creation so that you can make yourself seem important (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

studies
(score: 0.268)

  Re: Problems with Darwin's theory

(...) For the 39th time. The fossil record seems to indicate that species appear, then disappear. Take trilobites, for example. Older ones are not as specially diverse as later ones. But after the Devonian extinction, they're all gone. Where did (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.267)

  Nano fest report

short report since it was a 3 person fest... (any event that has at least one other AFOL than me is a fest, by definition :-) ) This fest happened on Thursday 25 Jan 2001. Attendees, Erik Olson, Jonathan Lopes, Larry Pieniazek. Townies rejoice... (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

studies
(score: 0.267)

  Re: Problems with Darwin's theory

Hi, (...) If you think of the number of animals that have existed over the previous X million years, and the small fraction of these whose remains have survived to exist as fossils, and the smaller fraction of these which actually have been found (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.267)

  Re: Chaotic Systems... (was: Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism)

(...) I'm with Scott A. on this, while all patterns are equally likely (in a fair draw) to come up, if you want to maximize your expected result, choose patterns less likely to have been selected so you reduce the odds of splitting with someone (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.266)

  Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!"

(...) Jon: You've repeatedly mentioned leading scientists and overwhelming numbers to defend your case against evolution without giving actual names or numbers. For the umpteenth time, can you provide any actual names or numbers, other than those (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.266)

  New version of BrickDraw3D (Mac)

I've been releasing new versions of BrickDraw3D in the past few days. Tonight's build has a lot more than the last advertised version. First, the location has moved. New home page with more pretty pictures: (URL) It's still just a viewer. But now it (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

studies
(score: 0.264)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) A small but probably non-zero number. So what? Guns kill a few innocents, so do TVs. Worse yet, TVs sap the intellect and ambition from millions every day. In fact, I have read of correlational studies suggesting that TV exposure correlates to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.264)

  Re: It IS about Taxation ;-) (Was Re: (Sub|Ob)jectivity and related case studies on .debate (...or is it just about taxation :-)

(...) My mistake. I misunderstood your position. Out of interest, how could the police be funded outside the TAX system? Would one have to have insurance to ensure , say, ones own murderer is tracked down? Would one also have to have insurance to (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.263)

  Re: It IS about Taxation ;-) (Was Re: (Sub|Ob)jectivity and related case studies on .debate (...or is it just about taxation :-)

(...) Oh, all of those things should be privatized...oh wait, that's not the conversation we're having... Well, defense and foreign policy pretty clearly fall under "The assurance that our global neighbors are behaving" above and police and courts I (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.263)

  Re: It IS about Taxation ;-) (Was Re: (Sub|Ob)jectivity and related case studies on .debate (...or is it just about taxation :-)

<zapped> (...) <zapped> But what about police, "defence", courts, and some sort of governmental foreign policy office? Scott A (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.263)

  Re: Is space property?

Warning: Long, long rant by the resident imperial historian follows. Grab a donut (or an ear of corn, if you're a Middle American like myself). ;) (...) It doesn't. The lifestyle we enjoy in the US, UK, Europe (as a whole), Japan, Oceania, Canada, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.263)

  Re: It IS about Taxation ;-) (Was Re: (Sub|Ob)jectivity and related case studies on .debate (...or is it just about taxation :-)

(...) For some more thoughts on what "consent of the governed" means, see this reference I just stumbled across while reading up on something Chris W. pointed me at... (URL) ties in well with David Friedman's writings on how to have non statist law (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.262)

More:  Next Page >>