  Search Results: fred
 Results 921 – 940 of about 1900.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Some Questions...

_Why Green Dragons Have Trans-Orange Wings_ by Colin R. Gutierrez Cast: Lego factory worker #1 (Joe) Lego factory worker #2 (Fred) Lego factory worker #3 (The hopper guy or, Sir Not-Appearing-in this play) Lego factory line lead operator (Elmer) (...) (26 years ago, 22-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

fred
(score: 0.885)

  My reset blues

Hi all, I have problems running my program after downloading it to my HandyBoard. After what Maz Rahm (thank you very much Maz Rahm) replied to Keith (thanks to you too Keith) that in order for the program with the main function in it, to run, I (...) (26 years ago, 27-Sep-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.885)

  Re: perhaps a CV joint??

Yes the 8444 Air Enforcer used this gear as a handle to rotate the rotor blades. Not quite as functional as the ones used in the 8880, but non the less it's there also. Fred (URL) to be (URL) so I have a chance of getting CLSOTW) (25 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.885)

  Re: RoboSports: Player 4

I looked at the two Mindstorms expansion sets very carefully, and though I was somewhat taken aback by the price, I was impressed with the caliber of Robosports. It seems to have been inspired by what MIT's robotics competition (from what I've read (...) (26 years ago, 30-Sep-98, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.885)

  Re: Mailing list advantages

Jaron, No offense taken here...I was just voting my support for Fred, no matter what he wants to do. I think he is an incredibly generous guy to answer my dumb newbie questions. :) I also subscribe to several newsgroups for hypothisizing (sp?): (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.885)

  Re: perhaps a CV joint??

You are correct on the part being used as a CV joint. It's used in the 8880 Supercar behind the hubs, used as the 2nd U-joint is standard independant wheel suspension. This "gyroball" will ONLY work with the 8880 hubs when used as suspension. It can (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.885)

  Re: Fred-Meyer Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 price sale

Time to stock up on LEGO... Thanks for the heads up Sarah. - Irving Perhaps a Princess... wrote in message <363887ea.94131226@2...63.236>... (...) (26 years ago, 29-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: Target - surprise finds!

Undesirable as a complete model maybe... But when you can get them cheap just for more parts, that's another story. I bought an extra 8480 (VERY great model as well as parts selection) just for the parts. It was the 1st time in months that I just (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Yeeee Haaaa! and Will this motor work?

Hi all, Yeeee Haaaw! I just got my HB in from Gleason Research Friday and started figuring it out this weekend. WOW! What a blast! It was worth eating peanut butter sandwiches for 3 months to save up for! ;-) This is EXACTLY what I've needed to get (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: Free (empty) silver buckets!

(...) Silver are smaller than the old red ones? I would be interested, btw, in some of your silver ones (just not all 20 :) ) I can use a very few that size just the tubs are more convenient. I understand though. Tubs are more expensive, per piece, (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: Stone Tower Bridge FOUND

I paid $30 for mine at Walmart. There were 4 more on the shelves. Fred (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: anybody here?

I'm in Vancouver...went to the traveling show at Waterfront Park the other weekend. Lame. I just don't go for those big sculpted type models where it might as well be plaster. We all know that can be done- I want to see models more like the various (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: anybody here?

I'm in Vancouver...went to the traveling show at Waterfront Park the other weekend. Lame. I just don't go for those big sculpted type models where it might as well be plaster. We all know that can be done- I want to see models more like the various (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: HandyBoard Charging

do you have the recommended 12v, 500 ma DC adapter? if not, that explains it. if so, sometimes when the batt is fully charged, you don't get much in trickle charge mode and the light is off. but usually you should see the light being lit dimly. are (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: HandyBoard Charging

ok, you have the stock adapter. like i said, sometimes the batt does get fully charged and then not enough current flows in trickle-charge to light the LED. but that's normal, so it doesn't sound like there is actually a problem. a simple way to (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: V860X speech module

yes. it sounds like a robot -- don't worry. :-) it's actually a great board, really easy to use, and well-documented. you just send it ASCII english text, and it talks. fred In your message you said: (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: HandyBoard Charging

no, to do the battery run-down test, you must not have it plugged in! otherwise you'd just be powering it from the adapter, and you'd never run out of juice. so, the steps are: 1. bootload your HB with pcode_hb.s19. you should see the Interactive C (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: need help in trouble shooting hb bootstrap mode

try doing the download with the LCD disconnected. use the pcode that doesn't need the LCD to work: (URL) if that works, you may have miswired or damaged the LCD. did it ever work after you made the modifications? fred In your message you said: (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.884)

  Re: Broken pieces in 8448 Supercar?

One of my 3 (I got the Formula Flash too) cracked like was expected. I called LEGO and explained that I had both sets w/the defective parts. She said "no problem, I'll send you all 3 replacements at once". After a few minutes I asked about getting (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

fred
(score: 0.883)

  Re: Sonar question

fred