 Robotics / Handy Board / 6411
Re: V860X speech module
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 18:39:25 GMT

yes. it sounds like a robot -- don't worry.

:-)

it's actually a great board, really easy to use, and well-documented.
you just send it ASCII english text, and it talks.

fred

In your message you said:
Hi All:

I've been playing with an SPO256 speech chip for my robot ... and
I'm not very pleased with the results.  Now I'm considering moving
to the V860X speech board by RC Systems.
          http://www.rcsys.com/

Since this is for a robot I do NOT want the voice to sound too
human ... it should "sound like a robot" ... so this eliminates
the voice recording/playback chip sets ... and leaves the text
or phoneme based gadgets.

It there anyone here with experience with the VX860X that they
would like to share?

Thanks in advance,
Nick