 Robotics / Handy Board / 6412
6411  |  6413
Subject:
IC question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 06:32:32 GMT

Dear All,

            I have a question on the operation of the Handy Board motor outputs
which i do not understand. As deduced from the schematic diagram, I believe that
the HC374 chip clock input is connected to a Y6 terminal. This Y6 terminal is
one of the outputs of a 74'138 decoder which will trigger when a value is poked
to the address 0x0e. Based on the diagram, I would expect Y6 to be active only
when A15 is low while A14, A13 and A12 are high, but this doesn't correspond to
the address 0x0e right? Am I wrong in interpreting A15 as the most significant
bit? Also, is the 0e (in hex) unique in IC only? I can't seem to figure why is
there a preceding 0.
            Also, I am currently modifying the Handy Board to support more motor
outputs and is intending to tap Y0 terminal to a HC574 chip (clock input) on the
new board. What address should i poke to? Sorry, sounds trivial but didnt manage
to find any answers on the web.
            Would appreciate help/advice of any kind. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Victor

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: