  Search Results: fred
 Results 741 – 760 of about 1900.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  BayLUG Gathering: 15-car Metroliner! fred@drbmar.com (Fred Yokel), bloss@enter.net, mbates@sd.rss.rockwell.com, willc@halcyon.com, laygoman@earthlink.net, steveb@codenet.net, david@graham167.freeserve.co.uk

Mike Poindexter (Fresno, CA) brought 12 cars, including two alternate-model engines, and many "subway-style" (center-door) passenger cars. Erik McCarthy (Newark, CA) added three more cars to the train. Mike also made an inclined track section, with (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Makelist.exe problems.

I hope that somebody knows the solution to this: First of all, I'm running Win95 OSR2 on a Pentium200MMX machine with 96MB RAM and 1GB of free hard disk. I downloaded LDRAW from ldraw.org (so it must be current) and installed it with out a problem. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: BayLUG Gathering: 15-car Metroliner! fred@drbmar.com (Fred Yokel), bloss@enter.net, mbates@sd.rss.rockwell.com, willc@halcyon.com, laygoman@earthlink.net, steveb@codenet.net, david@graham167.freeserve.co.uk

(...) Thank you very much, Zonker. That finished me off on the town jr. windows and I have also gotten the left handed doors for the front as well (thanks to Eric McCarthy) and should be getting 2 more of the 6x9 canopies some time soon, so I am (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  RE: BayLUG Gathering: 15-car Metroliner! fred@drbmar.com (Fred Yokel), bloss@enter.net, mbates@sd.rss.rockwell.com, willc@halcyon.com, laygoman@earthlink.net, steveb@codenet.net, david@graham167.freeserve.co.uk

Hi, Sounds very cool! Sorry we were not around. Will there be pics on the Baylug site? Also, anybody have any white 2x4s they can spare? Thanks, mark (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) < Snipped Larry's telling of the horse & Fred Meijer > Wow, that is incredible. Just goes to show how biased the media is, and how entrenched they are in class warfare. Fred has brought thousands upon thousands of jobs and careers to people, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Zonker Harris <zonkerh@corp.webtv.net> writes: ...<SNIP> (...) ...<SNIP> Well, it's Sinasohn, but you got the nametag right, and that's what counts! I hope to have another box to bring this Saturday, and I should have a coal (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: BayLUG Gathering: 15-car Metroliner! fred@drbmar.com (Fred Yokel), bloss@enter.net, mbates@sd.rss.rockwell.com, willc@halcyon.com, laygoman@earthlink.net, steveb@codenet.net, david@graham167.freeserve.co.uk

(...) I want to correct the spelling: Eric with a 'c' please. I believe 'Erik Wilson' is spelled with a 'k', however. I also want to add that Roger Rothhaar brought his excellent space ships which most others have probably already seen but they were (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: IR proximity detectors

you won't be able to easily) get distance measures with standard IR comms parts (such as the IS1u60). light travels too fast for the time delay betw xmit and rcv to tell you anything. as a proximity sensor, all you get is a yes/no reading. if you (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  More studs in holes...

Hi, Recently there was a mention here of the problem with studs fitting into beam holes. Fred Martin's "The Art of LEGO Design" was quoted as saying that such a configuration was not intended and that the studs or holes could become damaged over (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes: <snipped market from the groups list> (...) OK, there's a lot of mumbling coming up here.. It's the talk of GR. :-) Apparently, Leonardo Da Vinci was commissioned by <mumble>, who was ruler of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

Larry, I love Meijer too, I have since I was little, and continue to do so. Fred Meijer is what America is all about, and I am glad I can work for that store, and shop there as well. A business born in Michigan, I might add! :) (...) Man, I am (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

Thanks for that ref. notice how it claims the American Horse is a second cast. Incorrect. It is as if you took two sets and mingled the pieces, then reassembled them. Not possible to say which set was first and what set was second any longer. (each (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: Enlightenment

Ha! KNEW I had more! Make that, "I have 122 black 2x3 bricks, Fred. I SUPPOSE I should keep a few myself, in case I need them, so make it 110 for you. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: More studs in holes...

I almost fear suggesting our fearless leader might be mistaken, but what the heck: Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FMsIKp.BBJ@lugnet.com... (...) time. (...) studs[3] (...) than (...) up (...) the (...) Well, they didn't. They (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.build)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: "Caster Wheel" design ideas??

Wish I had a photo for you ... I do have one reference from the old Constructopedia, at (URL) are fairly simple; what makes them somewhat challenging is the height required for mounting. Generally my castored ’bots use a build-out from the top of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

Steve Bliss, all around good guy, but resident of an inferior school district, opined on how swell Meijer is: <I snipped it> Meijer rules. And Fred Meijer is aces. He MADE Da Vinci's horse happen and those hoity toity coastals didn't even invite him (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: More studs in holes...

(...) I don't think it's correct that such a configuration was unintended. In fact, I think it most definitely *was* intended. All the classic LEGO measurements are magic multiples of 1/5 the standard interstud spacing, which also equals 1/6 the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

fred
(score: 0.157)

  Re: IC motion control

your motor probably draws too much current to work with the HB. unplug the motor and see if things work. if so, the problem is your motor. see the FAQ more for on how to choose a motor that works with the HB. fred In your message you said: (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.156)

  Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection

(...) implementation (...) Don't worry, someone did say that. On page 14 of The Art of LEGO Design (ftp://cherupakha.me...lego.pdf), Fred Martin admonishes us not to do that because the plastic will in fact eventually deform. (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.156)

  Re: IC on Irix

(...) There's no reason there should be a problem with this. The HB interface uses fully standard serial comms protocols. All you have to do is get the right cable to connect the HB interface to your SGI. The HB interface acts like a modem with a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.156)

More:  Next Page >>