  Search Results: fred
 Results 1781 – 1800 of 1884.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: "Caster Wheel" design ideas??

Wish I had a photo for you ... I do have one reference from the old Constructopedia, at (URL) are fairly simple; what makes them somewhat challenging is the height required for mounting. Generally my castored ’bots use a build-out from the top of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Correcting some misinformation in "LEGO Software Power Tools, With LDraw, MLCad, and LPub"

I just tested Amazon.com's new "Search inside this book" feature (which provides a cool new full-text search across the content of its books) by doing a search for "LUGNET". I found a few references in various books that I hadn't yet known about. In (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.books, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general) !

fred
(score: 1.000)

  DL problems

Hi everyone, I've noticed problems with both DL and DLM in certain situations too. At first I used to think that I made a mistake in configuration or ruined a controller somehow. Over time, however, I realized that these programs were finicky about (...) (29 years ago, 21-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  6V question - is this OK?

Is this OK for getting 6V to motors connected to the L293s? I tapped off the center of the battery back and get about 6V. I then soldered a wire at that point on the battery pack and then soldered the other end to pin 8 (Vs) of each of the L293s (I (...) (29 years ago, 20-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Smooth PWM codefix for 6.270 boards available

I know this is the Handy Board mailing list...but we are still using 6.270 boards in my course, and I recently finished porting Julian Skidmore's Smooth Pulse-Width Modulation (SPWM) motor routines over to the 6.270 board. This software upgrade (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Need help running the handyboard in assembly language

Hey all. I am a high school student in an engineering/robotics class at a fairly advanced level. I have gone through the steps of programming for the LEGO RCX, and have moved to become a strong writer in the C programming language and control (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Re: The best thing to ever happen to lego...

(...) I highly doubt I do, but it comes in a variety of sets, including: 4587 Duel Racers 4585 Nitro Pulverizer 4589 RC Nitro Flash 4511 High Speed Train 7031 Helicopter (which also shows four white half-bushings in the 2003 PB?) 4793 Ogel Shark Sub (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Darf ich mich.... Zurückgekuschelt! (& Augen auf die Dots gerichtet!)

Hallo! (...) *aus Myriaden von digitalen Kehlen erschallend* Hallo Ben! (...) Tröstlich. [Zettel] (...) Ha, diese Sendung habe ich sogar gesehen, und selbstverSTÄNDlich ging es mir wie aus der Pistole geschossen durch den Kopf: "Zettel!" Ohne die (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.de)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Booth monitors (look and feel)

Tom McDonald reminds me of another point; When you are in the middle of a layout, folks presume that you are in charge...but when you are on the outside, it is easy for visitors to think other club members are 'just visitors' when we're all dressed (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Re: motor power problems

In a message dated 98-07-24 20:49:35 EDT, you write: << Has anyone had similar problems, and if so how did you solve them? I know there's a way to provide a separate power supply for the motors, but I'd rather not cut traces on the board except as a (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jul-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Re: moving in a straight line with two motors?

Daniel Miller wrote in message ... (...) What? (...) This is all fine and well, but I was thinking about something a little less complex. The RCX doesn't have the power to perform image processing and sophisticated feedback control. What I was (...) (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  download .s19 problem

Hy! I have problems downloading a self compiled file to my Handyboard (with 68HC11A1). I just wrote a little test programm: int main() { int foo = 0; while (foo < 1000) { foo++; } return(0); } and compiled it to a .s19 file with the gnu gcc 68hc11 (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Re: handy board troubles...

This isn't technically a Handy Board problem as my code is being run on a Rug Warrior look-alike. However, I suspect that the same problem I'm experiencing would happen on my Handy Board if eviscerated one of my other robots and tried it. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) OK, it's as voluntary as anything ever is. I don't feel responsible to make things better than they can be. (...) Well, I don't think anyone is harmed - unless I spend so much that I can't buy groceries. So the net benefit of the transactions (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Teaching/Coaching Robotics -- Day 1

Well! It's been a lot of work from vision to reality, but FLL Team #1096 (Kathryn Hughes Elementary) had its first meeting last Thursday. I thought I'd share with people here what I'm doing, in hopes of getting some exchange of ideas going in this (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Teaching/Coaching Robotics -- Day 1

Well! It's been a lot of work from vision to reality, but FLL Team #1096 (Kathryn Hughes Elementary) had its first meeting last Thursday. I thought I'd share with people here what I'm doing, in hopes of getting some exchange of ideas going in this (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Handy Board - Interface/Charger Board

Hi, I have started a project to build a Handy Board and everything was going fine until I started checking voltage in step 3.2.2. I get around +5 volts going from pin 2 of U16 to pin 7 of J9. Also, when checking pin 6 of U16 I'm getting nothing. I (...) (27 years ago, 12-Jun-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Pad sizes and hole sizes

I'm working on a board and I would like to avoid much trial and error. I have read much on selection of pad sizes/via sizes and hole sizes but there seems to be some contridiction. Does anyone know what the pad sizes (for ICs), hole sizes (for ICs) (...) (26 years ago, 24-May-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  8462 inventory on peeron

Hello, Here are some corrections and additional info regarding the inventory of set 8462. Documentation info ---...--- 1 Instruction Manual 4115766 1 Sticker Sheet 71827/4114357 Part# correction ---...--- 1 x77 Black String 98cm 4 75 Blue Technic (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Re: HB Serial line speed change

To add to Martin's question, how can you change the baud rate used by IC 3.x? It's easy enough to alter the speed of the UART by setting the BAUD register or POKEing the relevant location in the pcode interpreter. Randy Sargent's code fragments can (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>