 Robotics / Handy Board / 6513
Re: HB Serial line speed change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:05:20 GMT

To add to Martin's question, how can you change the baud rate used by IC
3.x?

It's easy enough to alter the speed of the UART by setting the BAUD register
or POKEing the relevant location in the pcode interpreter.  Randy Sargent's
code fragments can be extended in either direction
(http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/rsargent/ic/serialio.html).  If anyone wants,
I can post my own version of this code - including set_baud() and other
functions - to the new IC archive.  Moreover, changing the timing would
presumably allow any baud rate on the PA7 serial line described in
http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu:80/groups/el/projects/handy-board/software/serial.html,
though I haven't tried it.

But changing the speed of the development environment itself is a different
matter.  I need to slow things down because my RF serial link only handles
up to 4800 baud, and I don't want to lose the 'I' part of IC.  Any help
whatsoever would be welcome.  Ultimately, we may need Randy, Fred & Co. to
release IC 3.3!

Peace,
George

Is it possible to change the speed of the HB serial line to 19200?
I need to communicate with a device which has a fix 19200 setting!

Is it possible or can I forget the HB for this project?

Martin

Martin Frischherz
frisch@kapsch.net

--