Subject:
Booth monitors (look and feel)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:51:41 GMT

  Tom McDonald reminds me of another point;

  When you are in the middle of a layout, folks presume that you
are in charge...but when you are on the outside, it is easy for
visitors to think other club members are 'just visitors' when
we're all dressed in casual clothes.

  Some groups had matching colored polo shirts. A few even had
an embroidered logo. Some wore matching engineers caps. But
many of the operators in the big layouts were just in causal
clothing.

  My thought is, when someone on the outside is dressed/marked
in some way like the folks on the inside, that clothing helps
the visitors understand that they are also part of the group
running the booth.

  To that end, I was thinking about getting some BayLUG club
pins made up, and maybe specific BayLTC pins. (Cost is small
quantity are about $1.50 each. I picked up some literature
from a vendor, and will follow up with Fred Yokel about some
artwork samples.)

  Maybe it was Mike Poindexter or Tom Stangl mentioned that
John Gerlach might be a good resource for information on
shirts for booth duty. I imagine the costs are high for
embroidered than silkscreen, but I think embroidered lasts
longer through the wash. How many of you might be interested
in getting a shirt or three (so you have a few to wear during
a show without having to wash the same shirt each night ;-)?

  What do folks think of club hats [too|instead]?

      -Z-

              Zonker's Home for Wayward LEGOs
http://baylug.org/carlsbad99.html  LEGOLAND Carlsbad Trip Planning Page
http://baylug.org/zonker/  my main page