 Robotics / Handy Board / 3870
3869  |  3871
Subject:
Pad sizes and hole sizes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 24 May 1998 08:53:16 GMT

I'm working on a board and I would like to avoid much trial and
error.  I have read much on selection of pad sizes/via sizes and
hole sizes but there seems to be some contridiction.

Does anyone know what the pad sizes (for ICs), hole sizes (for ICs)
and via size/hole size, used on the handy board.  This would be a
good starting point.

I have looked at the gerber files and it looks like:

Pad sizes: .060
Hole size: .035
Via size: .050
via hole size: .028

But looking at the board, the sizes seem smaller than the sizes in
the gerber files.  For instance, the via sizes look like they can
easily fit between pads on the ICs.  If pad sizes were .060 on ICs,
then the space between them should be .04 and a via would be 10mils
larger than that space.  But they appear to easily fit between them.

Does anyone know what the actual pad/hole sizes are for IC pads and
vias?  I have asked Fred but it may take some time before he can get
back to me on this.

Thanks
ipscone@halcyon.com                                 Shoot-To-Win!

Protect the 2nd Amendment!               Your rights may be next!