 Robotics / Handy Board / 7751
Re: handy board troubles...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 22:29:53 GMT

This isn't technically a Handy Board problem as my code is being run on
a Rug Warrior look-alike.  However, I suspect that the same problem I'm
experiencing would happen on my Handy Board if eviscerated one of my
other robots and tried it.

Continuing..... I am running a program in IC ver 3.2.  It is fairly
large, taking up 11,100 bytes of program space, according to the
interaction screen, which includes libraries and everything.  I also
have two, two dimensional arrays of 15 x 40 each.  What happens is
this:  When declaring global variables, if I try to initialize them (to
a constant value) as I declare them, they will not initialize.  I can
set them later, and they stick, but not at reset.  With smaller
programs, IC works as advertised.  For example, this will work with
small programs, but not large ones:

int some_handy_global_variable = 10;

The above will initialize to 0 in my program.

Anyone have this problem?

By the way, Fred, I think I got knocked off the mail list.  Can you put
me back on please?  I'll behave this time.

Gary Livick
Tiny HC11 products for your robot
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/