 Robotics / Handy Board / 7634
Re: handy board troubles...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:07:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, John Wynne writes:
Actually Jake, I'm having a similar problem right now, with regard to
loss of RAM capabilities.

I've been testing a new Polaroid 6500 sonar (which now works!) on the HB
and I've got it hooked up through the exp. board. I tried to run a simple
program that used actuated two servos, two motors, while polling one analog
input. It seemed to work without the Polaroid connected, but when I fired
it up with everything loaded on, it died, and now my HB can't seem to hold
it's RAM with the RJ11 cord connected to the charger/dler. I'm not completely
          ^^^^
Do you mean without?  That's my problem; the board only holds its data if
the cord is plugged in.

sure how the servos are powered/oscillated (etc.) so I haven't been able
to locate where I might have suffered some kind of power surge (possibly
from the sonar ranging board)... does it make any sense to think that
the sonar could have any affect on other periferals without being directly
powered up?... How ARE the servos on the Exp. Board driven?

I've also got a servo which I can't figure out how to drive from the
exp. board, but the problem of the RAM discharging happens even with a
bare board (no exp., no lcd).

I'm convinced its a voltage problem and was going to try replacing the fuse
at F1 next.