 Robotics / Handy Board / 7347
7346  |  7348
Subject:
Smooth PWM codefix for 6.270 boards available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:15:51 GMT

I know this is the Handy Board mailing list...but we are still using
6.270 boards in my course, and I recently finished porting Julian Skidmore's
Smooth Pulse-Width Modulation (SPWM) motor routines over to the 6.270 board.
This software upgrade allows all motors to run at a continuous range of
speeds from 0-100, instead of the original 8 speeds.  This code works for
both the main board motor ports 0-3 and the expansion board motor ports 4-5.
Unidirectional mode (i.e., _left and _right modes) for ports 4-5 still works.
There are also a number of bugfixes to the lib_r22.c file, which I have
accumulated over the years of our robot course.

The software and a README file can be obtained via anonymous FTP to

ftp://junior.apk.net/pub/users/drushel/6270_spwm/

Grab all the files in the directory.

Fred, any chance that you could have this put into the MIT FTP site?
Also, if Newton Labs et al. want to use this for their IC 3.x distribution,
they are welcome to do so.

*Rich*
--
Richard F. Drushel, Ph.D.            | "Aplysia californica" is your taxonomic
Department of Biology, Slug Division | nomenclature.  /  A slug, by any other