  Search Results: dead legends Beneke
 Results 5241 – 5260 of 6562.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: How much LEGO time is TOO much LEGO time?

(...) I'm sorry but that is not the life of a god. I don't want to judge you without really knowing you at all but what you just described is what I've grown up to know as a dead-beat a-la Jerry Springer Style. You have no plans for your life but (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

dead
(score: 0.274)

  Re: RCX Firmware (was: Remote dead, what to do?)

(...) Thanks for the clarification. So... am I correct to assume that there is some portion of the RCX firmware that is not accessable for update/replacement? This would be the portion that describes/controls the 'built-in functions? Thanks again, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

dead
(score: 0.274)

  Re: GATS Train SHow (was Get together Saturday)

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message news:G7FCov.KLC@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ...] (...) I think you did are dead nuts on. [ ... snipped ... ] (...) be (...) Cary is absolutely correct in his assessment of the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

dead
(score: 0.274)

  Re: LegOz 2001.VIC.1 / Studs 2001.1

Martin Scragg wrote in message <004c01c082e4$12cf17...martin>... (...) So, how does 8am at Ross's sound? I'd prefer no earlier, as there will be people at my place (making noise) the previous evening. It takes about ten and a half hours to get (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au)

dead
(score: 0.274)

  Re: Hobbies....

(...) Oh geez, Sportscards: Beat my head against that wall for almost 17 years. Wish I could have all of that time and money back, not really a hobby but an addiction. Still have a bunch that I occasionally toss up on eBay when I think I'm spending (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.people)

dead
(score: 0.274)

  Re: Science is not a religion, and religion is not a science.

(...) This, too, is Postmodernism, and it depends on a solipsistic "me first" sort of reality. Certainly the caveman is dead, and that should be enough for him, but the agent of his death is separate from his perception of it. It is a handgun (or (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.274)

  Re: what is a mecha?

(...) This thread is probably dead but ill post anyway... From my takeing Japanese and reading a lot about anime I've come to the nearly the same conclusion as you Mark, the japanese borrowed the word mechanical from us and over time it was (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

dead
(score: 0.274)

  Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism

(...) This is one of the other basic problems I see with Christianity. The Bible was written by MEN. Poorly written in many cases. No one can adequately explain to me WHY God seemed to be so chatty with his people 2K years ago, then promptly zipped (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Re: Science is not a religion, and religion is not a science.

(...) I'll see your Ponty and raise you some PK Dick; reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. Okay, that's not a conclusive answer, but it entertains me. Once again I think the essence in our difference lies in how we (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Re: 'Centuria' < Warning Speculative!!>

Warning this article is a speculative post designed to encourage (...) So is the fort if you build one of the alternates and make a few changes... I was even considering using a few classic castle peices to build a Saxon-era diaroma... (Well the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) I know what it would be like, because I've visted www.lego.com. I would have to use a WWW interface only (no NNTP etc) and to select a particular newgroup, I would have to click a large image representing that group. The download of these (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Re: Lego units

That's a pretty straightforward calculation if you know the dimensions of a Lego piece. However, actually measuring Lego parts doesn't give very even measurements in either inches or millimeters. Note that a plate is 8 LDU thick and that a 1-stud (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Re: Problems with Darwin's theory

(...) Simply read "Origin of Species". If Darwin had the wealth of information we have today, he'd no doubt modify his theories, but it's the best starting point. The whole point of sexual reproduction is gene mixing as an aid to rapid evolution. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Re: AFOLs as cheapskates

(...) I had these thoughts as I went out to Target yesterday to eat the dead things on the bottom of the fish tank. Target in Queens, NY is New-York-speed. Nothing gets to stay around too long. I first loaded up with 2001 sets. Sure, no clearance (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Re: Problems with Darwin's theory

Snippety snip (...) If you *seriously* don't believe in survival of the fittest, I invite you to use plain old penicillin the next time you have a serious infection. We'll then see evolution in action. Two ways for the price of one! 1 - *the bugs* (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Dark Mecha

I have made a second attempt at creating a mecha. The basic design is similar to the first, but is much more stable. I also gave it a black and red color sceme. There's only one picture up right now, my digital camera is dead, and there's not a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.build.mecha)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Re: Motor mis-match.

Thank you! I'm glad to see someone has taken a semi-scientific approach to the whole question. I have one correction/comment to make though: It's doubtful that the Lego motors will heat up significantly enough to affect their operating speed. There (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Description vs. argument

(...) This can be taken many ways. If intended as a slur about our arts/literature/media, etc... it's irrelevant, and untrue. If intended as a comment on melting pots vs. many separate cultures, it's also untrue. The US has more of a unified culture (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  LDAO Problems

Has anybody else had any difficulty in downloading LDAO lately? I've been trying for the past three days or so, and the download (accessed through the ldraw.org download page) cuts out after 80K or so. I've also tried going through Steve Bliss' (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad)

dead
(score: 0.273)

  Review: 3059 - Mars Mission Master Builders

3059 Theme: Master Builders/Space Mars Mission LUGNET entry: (URL) Age: 6-8 Pieces: 85 Models: 15 Price: US$20 The Bottom Line (at the top) ---...--- Overall, this is a decent set, but not great. It's fun to sit down and work through the manual, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.reviews)

dead
(score: 0.273)

More:  Next Page >>