 Off-Topic / Debate / 8724
Re: Problems with Darwin's theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 02:17:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Snippety snip

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Chapple writes:

- "Survival of the fittest" is a tautology.  (How do we know that
the fittest species survived?  Because they survived.)

If you *seriously* don't believe in survival of the fittest, I invite you to
use plain old penicillin the next time you have a serious infection.

We'll then see evolution in action. Two ways for the price of one!

1 - *the bugs* will demonstrate it, because bacteria have evolved *in our
lifetime* to overcome plain old penicillin. In fact we're running out of
antibiotics.

2 - *you* will demonstrate it, because *you'll* show that stupidity (in not
using the best available tool for the job) is what I like to call "evolution
in action", since you'll be dead and unable to propagate your genes.

I can snip away all your other junk science claims... none of them matter in
the face of the unshakable evidence of survival of the fittest.

Evolution explains the facts, and makes meaningful predictions, better than
any other theory available to us at this time. If you want to refute it
you'll need pretty good evidence and a lot of it.

++Lar