  Search Results: cleaning old bricks
 Results 181 – 200 of about 52000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) My take on retailers.... #1 & 2 are probably WalMart and K-Mart (tied). K-Mart had some management problems a few years back, but they are cleaning up their act fast. In Florida, I believe the numbers are ~170 K-Mart stores and ~150 WalMart (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.927)

  Found some circa 1997 system sets

Hi all, My local Coles supermarket are obviously cleaning out their storeroom at the moment (they did have some Lego a few years ago and it disappeared all of a sudden, I'd wondered where it went and now I know!). I've no idea whether these are of (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.924)

  Re: Legowiki

(...) Hi, Gary, Two answers for this: 1. What is a Wiki? A Wiki is a kind of "web in a box". The people who provide content can easily create and edit pages with information, and can equally edit links between these. Think of it as an encyclopedia, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.924)

  Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO

(...) I hit another Ames as a favor to a fellow AFOL...Due to long check out lines, numerous screaming babies and a couple Irate seniors at Customer Service, the manager waved to the Cashier in front of me to mark them down and get the ine (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.920)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote: [snipped quote from old message about a bug in the web interface's message-filter] (...) Yep, we got it worked out. (...) Ah. OK. Still need to sign up. Steve (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.920)

  Re: Yes! (actually no)

(...) Well, I'm hoping Gary gets around to cleaning up all those tubs of unwanted bricks so I can have a Find of a Lifetime! ;) Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn CAD Operator Affiliated Engineers, Inc. Work Page: (URL) Page: (URL) LEGO Page: (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.914)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) Toothbrushes can leave noticeable scratches on the surface of like-new bricks. "Static dusters" (as seen on TV! (tm)) work much better: no scratching, they can be used wet or dry, and they can cover a lot more area quickly. Steve (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.910)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

I think he is talking about those wands that look like rainbow colored fuzzy cat tails. You run them across the screen on your television which charges the bristles (static electricity). They pick up dust pretty good. -Nick Steve Martin wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.909)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

Brad, let me get this straight. You're saying it's better to put a coat of brasso on, let it dry, then wipe it off the brick? That takes out the discoloration faster? What would you use for the tops of the bricks to get in between the stubs? (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.905)

  Cleaning discolored white bricks

Brad, I'm hoping you read this. IT WORKS!!!!!!!! I was in a state of shock but the brasso works. A couple of questions though: 1) Is it possible to clean them any faster, perhalps with a tool or scrub brush? I was rubbing some bricks for a good half (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.905)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

(...) I can't wait to try this stuff out. I spent a good bit of the morning pulling out all the hazardous substances from my grandmother-in-laws house to be picked up (and in 40 years they amassed an AMAZING collection of hazardous materials). Among (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.905)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

Its absolute magic! It smells a little bit. I suspect you could catch a good high from it if your into that sort of thing. If not, then I suggest some ventilation. Based on the smell, it contains amonia and paint thinner among other things. I'm sure (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.905)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

I've not tried it, but it works well removing the graphics off other blocks (including delicate clear ones). Since minifigs are made out of the same plastic with the same type of graphics, I would guess that it would work fine there as well. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.905)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

Nope: I would use the drying technique LAST to polish the brick up. You have to scrub it first. I haven't attempted to do the tops (just the sides which are easier and typically the only part that shows - unless you are using a plate). Then, when (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.905)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

(...) Just make sure it isn't in the same condition mine was when I hunted it down in the garage a few weeks ago - to quote my reaction "Tins of Brasso shouldn't go 'clunk' should they?" and my wife's response "Uhhh, no. No, it should be more of a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.903)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

I know that someone mentionned using if on patterns on blocks. Has anyone tried removing patterns from figs? Chris (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.903)

  Re: GB#3 - Question about splitting or content - Do you need WHEELS?

Mookie wrote in message <3898EC16.D332D924@w...tt.net>... (...) I wouldn't make a strict "you can only put in as many wheels as you take out", but rather something like don't put in more of something that there already is a lot of in the box (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.896)

  Mind Control source code available

Remember Mind Control from the good old days, way before the turn of the century? (If you don't: it's a Visual Basic program which interprets (most) RCX code and sends it to the RCX; along with some real-time control functions). Since NQC and other (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.890)

  Spring Cleaning @ THE BRICKYARD

The Brickyard is finally getting back up to speed after some winter down-time and in clearing out some of our older storage areas we've uncovered a TON of great lots! Highlight include: [L/N: 0935] Qty: 1, White/Blue, Boat Bow 12 x 12: (URL) of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.889)

  Re: Smoky parts from Susan

Just thought I'd toss in my $.02. Yes, Susan's parts are smoky and a day of cleaning is required in order to use them, but I can't ever recall an order from here that wasn't exactly as she advertised it, i.e. all the parts were present and accounted (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.888)

More:  Next Page >>