  Search Results: cleaning old bricks
 Results 141 – 160 of about 52000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Some Lego cleaning experiments

A few weeks ago a family member sent me a big box of old legos that I had played with as a kid (we're talking 26 yr old lego - boy guess that dates me doesn't it). I was so excited to see those blue rails, red lattice fences and neat old windows. I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.970)

  New sculpture: Maneki Neko (Japanese good luck cat)

The Maneki Neko, literally "Beckoning Cat," is a good luck charm used widely in Japanese business establishments and homes. It is believed to invite in fortune and good luck to its owner. In Japan, the hand sign to ask someone to come towards you is (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc) !

old, bricks
(score: 2.968)

  Re: Models covered in dust

Hello, Canned Air works good if not let go to many years. This prevents damage or having to tear model down for cleaning. As for yellowing on the bricks Try using a UV blocking cream/oil to protect surface from UV rays. Hope this helps. Also I am (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, bricks
(score: 2.964)

  How do I repiar old & dirty stickers?

Is it possible? I recently acquired a used set that unfortunately, did not have the stickers applied by an adult. Many are skewed and not applied completely flat. As a result, dust has gotten underneath to the sticky side and the stickers are coming (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.963)

  Re: Brad Justus...

Tom, I certainly hope you are right, but I don't see the parts to make train cars anymore. I cannot see them changing the wheel sets or bogie plates. I would like to see a new window pack that would have the newer town windows in more than just one (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.956)

  Re: Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

I just did three old space police windshields. These are 4-studs wide, clear-green, about 5 studs high, say "space police" with bars and bow outwards and then back in. I had felt these parts would be useless forever. After polishing them and (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.955)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

(...) Well it could take a while-my dads confirmed that he's getting a digicam-only hasn't said when. I'm also gonna be tied up cleaning up a pristine but dusty (ambiguity alert) 5590 which a bouch from a friend @ school-its model team but it was (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.954)

  Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

I recently posted a question on how to clean old LEGO parts and remove graphics from new ones. The universal answer was to use Brasso. I picked some up and it worked great on clear and non-clear pieces. Here are the results: White, Juniorized 1x1x5 (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.954)

  Pretty soon...

Just to let y'all know, pretty soon I'll have some parts of my own to sell/trade, as I am cleaning out my collection and getting rid of parts I don't use...these will also contain the really-old style propellers from the Basic theme, so be watching (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.953)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: I like this alot. Especially filtering off-topic and test. Suggestion: How about having an alternate "complete/old style" page linked from the homepage and nuke the annoying "Not Shown" messages? KL (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.953)

  Re: Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

(...) hey brad ~ sounds like you did a great job! the residual pattern that others mentioned means that a bit more rubbing needs to be done, i think. i use an old t-shirt rather than cotton balls though. later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.952)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) I think the best thing that happened along these lines is the "admin.council" group. The "council" really has the 'old-timers' feel to it. Issues dealing with LUGNET users are better to be decided by more experienced members of the community. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.952)

  Cleaning up the main homepage

All, I've been up most of the night tonight recoding and retesting the code on the server which displays lists of messages, in particular the root home page (URL), which gives a top-level overview of current activity in the system. Recent off-topic (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.952)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) Scott & Frank, what do you think about separating out some of the functions of .admin.general? (Read: Do you think less experienced users would feel more comfortable in .admin.general if some of the more "hard core" functions were moved out to (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.952)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) [Todd said] (...) [then Scott replied] (...) [and Todd replied thusly] (...) I side with Todd here. In fact, this is my first substantive post to any group in lugnet.admin.* because, frankly, I don't care to be bothered with administrative (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.952)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

Frank Buiting <frank.buiting@infopulse.nl> wrote in message news:Fr6Dt6.Luu@lugnet.com... (...) browse (...) people (...) comes (...) so (...) This may be the problem. I feel new here too. But I'd like to think my opinion is just as important as a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.951)

  FS/T: A Few Parts

Hi. I have about 1500 parts (many from 5561) listed at (URL) I'm interested in selling or trading; more explanation is on the page. This isn't a parts sale per say, more like me doing spring cleaning of my spares collection. Note that no prices are (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.951)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) Prolly also worth explaining somewhere that the expression is compiled left-to-right and is therefore direction-sensitive. That is, -.loc. +.loc.us.ca is very different from +.loc.us.ca -.loc. The string expression is compiled into a code (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.951)

  RE: info on some old bricks ?

One of these Ray? (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Ray Sanders Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 4:53 PM To: lugnet.general@lugnet.com Subject: info on some old bricks ? Yesterday I picked (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 2.950)

  Re: Cleaning baseplates

David Simmons <alienbuz@concentric.net> wrote in message news:Fs4KB1.n0E@lugnet.com... (...) My method is similar to Dave's, but using a different brush. I have a very soft bristle brush with a round 1inch diameter head which I use with warm/tepid (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

cleaning, old
(score: 2.946)

More:  Next Page >>