 Administrative / General / 5083
Re: Cleaning up the main homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:50:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Frank Buiting <frank.buiting@infopulse.nl> wrote in message
[...]
The admin group 'feels' like the board for experienced LUGNETters to me,
so who am I to mind LUGNET admin business. Note that this is my feeling,
but probably more people feel like that.

This may be the problem. I feel new here too. But I'd like to think my
opinion is just as important as a a "newbee" or an old timer. I'm sue we all
agree on this.

Scott & Frank, what do you think about separating out some of the functions of
.admin.general?  (Read:  Do you think less experienced users would feel more
comfortable in .admin.general if some of the more "hard core" functions were
moved out to other .admin groups?)

Splitting up .admin.general is something I've kinda wanted to do for a long
time, but never saw a good reason.  Maybe what you write above is good enough
reason.

I think that if a new group .admin.news were created (for example) for
newsgroup issues and the like, it would offload that type of discussion out
of .admin.general and leave it for other issues.

Some admin issues are better off with input mainly from old-timers and some
are better off with input mainly from newbies, and some are best with a mix.

Maybe even .admin.newsgroups and .admin.newsreaders (or .admin.newsclients)
as separate groups, as the former is probably an old-timer magnet and the
latter is probably a mix-magnet or newbie-magnet.

--Todd