  Search Results: brad justus <10>10
 Results 1241 – 1260 of about 3900.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

I recently posted a question on how to clean old LEGO parts and remove graphics from new ones. The universal answer was to use Brasso. I picked some up and it worked great on clear and non-clear pieces. Here are the results: White, Juniorized 1x1x5 (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

I just did three old space police windshields. These are 4-studs wide, clear-green, about 5 studs high, say "space police" with bars and bow outwards and then back in. I had felt these parts would be useless forever. After polishing them and (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Incredible Shrinking Disease

I suspect that town sets don't appeal to children as much as some of the other "trendy" product lines like Star Wars. Town is probably seen as "booring." Kids want what they see on TV. I remember the early 90's catalogs when they had tons of town (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Does anyone know of something like LUGNET, but for G-Scale Trains

My father is really into LGB G-Scale trains. Does anyone know if there are newsgroups or websites devoted to those kind of trains? thanks (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

I sort most of my bricks by size and color. However, I have a large catch-all bin (about 2 feet by 3 feet by 1 foot) if miscellaneous parts that haven't yet been sorted. This bin includes portions of my childhood collection as well as collections (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: My city updates

Mark, is this posted on the web some place? I'm always hot to see new town expansions. Mark Herzberg <carorvan@aol.com> wrote in message news:Fr140M.I4o@lugnet.com... (...) around (...) lt- (...) LEGO (...) sets, (...) room (...) it (...) order (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

Are you trying to make me druel with that off-hand airport shuttle reference??? I'd LOVE to have one of those sets! Will Hess <willhess@simflex.com> wrote in message news:Fr171x.Hyx@lugnet.com... (...) lot of (...) to find (...) another (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

What, separated from (the bulk of) your LEGO bricks? How can you stand it? Actually, when I moved out of my parents house into a condo, I didn't have room for my LEGO collection, so I "convinced" myself I was too old for them anyhow. Now that I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

I forgot. I also have some bits and pieces of old Micronaut toys. These were my favorites prior to my discovering LEGO. They were made up of interchangeable pieces as well. They were popular in about 1973-77. Did anyone play with these? Brad (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

I wonder if they were attempting to clean the plates with the belt-sander. Before I discovered Brasso, sanding was a desparation move for rare white pieces that were discolored or dirty. Erik Olson <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Correct link for previous message!

Thanks Alan, Frontpage did that to me on a few of my links. I have no idea why. Anyhow, I'll go fix it (by manually typing the name of the page). Alan Gerber <foofoogood@hotmail....ed_e-mail> wrote in message news:Fr0w8C.8zz@lugnet.com... (...) goes (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Can anyone give me some web site design advice?

I had actually been thinking that myself. Actually, I run my screen at 1200x1000 but my typical web window ends up being about 1024x700. I have thought about how the large pictures are a little "too" big. I would prefer to post smaller ones and have (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Lego disclaimers on sites

That concentration camp is the STRANGEST model I've ever seen. Actually, I have to say that the photography and box layout is very well done, but its a very politically loaded subject. I can see how people in Poland would have been particularly (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

I posted a message about 2 days ago on this subject (look upwards in your news browser about 15 messages). Brasso is a brass cleaner that you can pick up at any hardware or similar store. You rub it on with cotton or an old rag and it takes the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

Oh Yeah! I had that set. I remember that one. It had a little lever so you could make the elevator turn based on the car's wheels. Do you remember BioTron and GyroCopter? Erik Olson <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:Fr1BCC.97o@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Set 4229 - Extra Bricks pack

I have a love-hate relationship with special pieces. On the one hand, special pieces drive up the cost of a set and drive down the piece count. On the other hand, I have built many buildings that sprung from the core of a single special piece! (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

ooooh - I never thought about aquiring LEGO from garage sales. I'll have to check that out! Maggie Cambron <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:38C4989E.10C757...ell.net... (...) have found. (...) it out on (...) of (...) sale I (...) at all (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Can anyone give me some web site design advice?

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll look into some of those suggestions. (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Lego disclaimers on sites

Man, you certainly have a strong oppinion. I was whimping out with a concervative approach on this topic. I didn't want to offend anyone. I'm surprised you didn't get a whole slew of replies (like the on-going mormon debate on the off-topic group)! (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)

brad
(score: 1.198)

More:  Next Page >>