  Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 641 – 660 of about 136000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: How do you copyright your own work?

Christopher Masi wrote in message <389280F9.9614A862@c...ne.edu>... (...) An arrangement of bricks would in most cases not be copyrightable. A design patent would be what would protect it. However, if your creation reaches the point of being a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 3.963)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) That's where I believe you're making an unsubstantiated leap. Even within the bounds of this discussion, you appear unwilling to consider any response other than "kill the intruder/it's his own fault" when other options truly are available to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 3.963)

  Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)

(...) Thanks for trying to clear this up. Use potential, use probability, whatever you like... what I was trying to convey was the likeliehood that a system of government will be able to continue to deliver (1) higher quality of life, higher (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 3.963)

  Re: Israel and Palestine

(...) Are you prepared to support complete and full reparation of all property taken from these European Jews? Personally, I'd actually like to see that. I also wonder if their concerns had been taken seriously earlier whether we would be in the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.042)

  Re: Idiots, Part Deux

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes: <snip> (...) That's right - he didn't mention the relationship at all - he made claims about contracts and agreements. (...) What 'property is involved involved in the relationship' is not my concern. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.040)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I still would like to respect the author's choice not to have the raw DAT code posted, it is after all his/her property. -Orion (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

all, property
(score: 3.036)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Oh, I was just making the terms up, for all I know. I guess I should have explicated. (...) Yes. I see it as a sure-fire loop-hole avoidance scheme. If all property is taxed, regardless of who owns it, then the rich -- even when trying to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 3.036)

  Re: Wow! This guy is good!

(...) There is a "fair use" concept which applies to all forms of intellectual property. Use in art is one of the well-established fair use areas. However, with the way trademark laws work, you'd better be prepared to defend yourself against armies (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

all, property
(score: 3.036)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

<Fo04xr.MoE@lugnet.com> <slrn87djsf.fag.matt...ia.bu.edu> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) Not at all. Not all value can be as easily judged as the operating budget of a library. But if your property (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.036)

  RE: legOS

Regardless, all software written by Lego is their property. If you want to redistribute it you must obtain permission. If you want to modify it for your own personal use I don't think there is anything they can do to you. Even if the licensing (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

all, property
(score: 3.035)

  Re: Nature of rights? (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) I was exploring the idea that perhaps the only fundamental right is the right to an impartial "rights based" mediation of disputes. This does suggest why animals then don't specifically have rights since they don't have the capability to (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.035)

  Re: Intellectual Property Question

Yeah, those are all good questions... Capitalism is dead too, though. I have given it long and serious thought and there's a very good reason that Roddenberry never really investigated the economy of the future in Star Trek -- the main thing is that (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 3.035)

  growing API file for Spybot/NQC/Brickcc

Hello all, I append all the API information wich I found into one file and a little more functionality gets available ! Have fun ! //API Spybotics to program in NQC/BrickCC // A part "borrowed" from Mark Ferris,André Koopman #if defined(__SPY) // (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

all, property
(score: 3.035)

  Re: The problem I have with upcoming product hoaxes

Scott: (...) How about this: All text, images, or trademarks in this document are the intellectual property of their respective owners. All content is provided as is, with no warranty stated or implied regarding the quality or accuracy of any (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

all, property
(score: 3.034)

  Re: Stealing Brickshelf MOC's

(...) Unfortunately, by uploading they are claiming ownership, according to the disclaimer, unless they clearly state otherwise. "All Gallery content is property of the uploader, unless otherwise stated" I also keep many pictures from other peoples' (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.general)

all, property
(score: 3.034)

  Re: Another "borrowed" picture...

(...) I hate to beat this to death, cause I'm sure it makes me look like an awful person, but it still rubs me the wrong way... (...) "All Gallery content is property of the uploader, unless otherwise stated." So, indirectly, the person who copied (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

all, property
(score: 3.033)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Is it the weather and lack of sunshine that leads to this counter-to-reality belief systems that develop in Washington's educational systems? Does anyone see irony in the PRIVATE School teaching that PRIVATE property is wrong. Maybe the (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch)

all, property
(score: 3.033)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) Indeed... Our Intellectual Property policy precludes us from signing NDA's with TLC. This is by design, for although we document as much as we can think of, there are still always things we've talked about but haven't documented yet publicly (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

all, property
(score: 3.033)

  Re: Yet another argument in favor of privatized education

(...) It is stories like this which undermine the argument in favour of state regulation of certain private industries. I was reminded of this: "Better to abolish all regulations, consider everything as property, and solve all controversy by civil (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 3.033)

  Re: Validity testing (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) That's my view as well-- they've got "rights" but their rights aren't nearly the same set of rights as we ascribe to humans. They're very diminished. (...) I'd say the latter. We have an obligation out of our own moral senses. Without such (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.032)

More:  Next Page >>