 Off-Topic / Debate / 25220
Re: Preaching to the Choir
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:12:08 GMT

   Not trying to be obtuse. For all I know these might be well-established econmic terms that are unfamiliar to me.

Oh, I was just making the terms up, for all I know. I guess I should have explicated.

   By “wealth tax” do you mean a tax on acquisitions/already-held holdings separate from income?

Yes. I see it as a sure-fire loop-hole avoidance scheme. If all property is taxed, regardless of who owns it, then the rich -- even when trying to disguise their wealth are taxed proportionately no matter what.

   And does “common earnings per hour rate” mean that everyone would get the same hourly wage regardless of profession?

Yeah. Ideally, under such a system the medium of exchange would simply be the manhour.

Chris