 Off-Topic / Debate / 25221
25220  |  25222
Subject:
Fair Tax (was: Preaching to the Choir)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:19:02 GMT

   Off topic, but since proposed legislation is being introduced, I’m wondering how all of the usual suspects here view a consumption tax for the US, as proposed HERE

No more IRS, no more wealthy people wiggling out of paying their fair share.

It’s simple, straight-forward, and fair. I like it.

I read the thumbnail but stopped there. Are services taxed? What about people taking their cash out of the country to spend it? Wouldn’t the wealthy merely sock all their extra cash into “used” real estate and further enslave renters?

just curious,

Chris