  *80817 (-20)
  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) Or they don't care. Which is what I think. And I'm more than willing to interpret silence that way, just like we've interpreted their silence on other issues that way. (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Dino Island Issues

(...) wearing (...) I think the guy on the bridge is a new guy. It doesn't look like Harry is appearing this time around. :( Jeff (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) NO. Huw respected Suz's request. There's a big difference. "They" havent' made any such request that I'm aware of. Or if they have, it's been a more general request that several other major fan sites violate every day. (...) If I thought (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) Do you have any evidence to support the assertion that TLG/C DOES respect us "much" or at all? I bet for every instance of an _individual_ Lego employee showing respect for another individual AFOL we can come up with at least one example of a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  vari

Tuttitubi etc La mia personale opinione e' che Lego stia cercando di creare nuovi modelli piu' appariscenti esteticamente, con un minor numero di pezzi (diciamo ad essere positivi perche' credono che questo sia il desiderio dei clienti, ad essere (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight)

(...) glimpse (...) It *may* be a new face, it is hard to tell. Looking at my catalog, she appears to have lips similar to the old Pirate babe ("Full"? "Pouty"? Can anyone think of a good word? I'm pretty sure they're different from the Princess's (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WalMart vs WalMart

(...) I'm often puzzled by the things that are tolerated by management at retail stores. I know working retail can suck - I've done it, but it seems like even decent managers put up with horrible behavior out of their employees. If you know that (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WooHoo!!

(...) Yeah! I'd buy the passanger train-car and the one that holds sports cars (maybe) but I definitely DON'T need another motor and more curved pieces. (I need Straight pieces! I hate curvey little pieces! I have 64 curves, and 4 straights! :-( ) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

It depends on families too - my family opens all the "personal presents" on Xmas Eve, and all the "Santa presents" Xmas Day. My wife's family opens them all on Xmas Day. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Year 2000 Duplo!

(...) of (...) who (...) know! (...) perhaps (...) What a man! THANK YOU! Now, My thought's........ the passenger train is brilliant, I will have to purchase the 2936 and the 2932, shame you can only get another passenger carriage with the 2936, I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Buying to Sell to Buy

(...) I buy stuff that I figure I *might* want or at worst my son would like, but with half an eye towards a later sale. If I can make the hobby pay for itself (at least in part), I'm willing to do it. Bruce (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) However, if the rep doesn't preface some tidbit with "don't spread this around", or similar, I try to remember to ASK. I have kept things in confidence many times when ASKED. It's common courtesy. I'm waiting for TLC to ASK or TELL us what (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Moving homes? Lego ?

In lugnet.storage, Michael Edwards writes: [snipped] (...) [more snipped] 2 metroliners?!? Would you care, maybe, to sell/trade? -Shiri P.S. followup-to buy/sell/trade (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Medium gears.... New ones are different!

(...) I first noticed the new type in a parts pack bought from S@H in November 98. Not nice at all, e.g. old square piston engines as done in official models won't be possible with these. - Though personally, I had those engine parts for years w/o (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) I'm pretty sure Lugnet and Brickshelf DO still exist because of this. However.... (...) That would be a MAJOR shift from their current Fair Use Policy, and I'd expect them to post such a change on lego.com and put a pointer to it. And until (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Lugneter's in Windsor?

Hello, I'm from Metro Detroit. I was wondering if there are any fellow Lugnet fans out in Windsor? Mainly looking for a partner that can swap sales tips and such. Maybe order from S@H for each other as well. If interested, please e- mail me. Thanks! (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Buying to Sell to Buy

(...) I've done it with a significant quantity of polybag sets that I was able to get at a good discount. I knew that I could at least get retail for these, so I bought a bunch of them and am selling them on Ebay. The profits from these sales will (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

Hello Dave ... Santa just brought Scouts for both of my sons ... and of course he couldn't resist secretly opening one of the boxes. This led to his downloading the Scout SDK ... and staying up all night! Santa wholeheartedly votes for adding full (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

Believe it or not, I'm taking the side of TLC here, and you guys aren't. At least in one way. "You guys" are basically assuming TLC is a bunch of clueless morons that haven't seen the furor over this, or have seen it, and are too clueless to know (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Lathe

It is a candle. Thanks to Iain Hendry for the suggestion. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000001bf41b0$19...@pro150... (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact