 Local / United Kingdom / 2285
Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 21:09:40 GMT

It depends on families too - my family opens all the "personal presents" on
Xmas Eve, and all the "Santa presents" Xmas Day.  My wife's family opens
them all on Xmas Day.

"G. Benedikt Rochow" wrote:

In lugnet.loc.uk, Robert M. Dye writes:

The message is pretty clear, I think:

Dad better get a decent LEGO set for Christmas, or he'll be drinking by
10:00 AM, just to mask the bitterness and jealously.

Or they forgot an important detail when setting up
this gift-opening scene: When are gifts opened? In the
US, it's Christmas (25.) morning, while in Germany,
it's typically Christmas Eve (i.e. late afternoon
to very late evening of the 24.). How about the UK?
How about, say, Denmark? :)
(I'd guess this is supposed to be Christmas Eve,
after C. Dinner - unless the wine is simply there
to give the grown boy an air of adulthood, never mind
when this is - 8448 does take a little while to get built.)

-gbr