 Off-Topic / Debate / 2728
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 21:24:54 GMT

Nephilim <jthompson@esker.com> wrote:
enthusiasm and sales.  They help us by making the toys
in the first place.  If they ask us as a collective community not
to disperse on our web pages their intellectual property which
employees in the US would be fired for revealing, why not abide
by those wishes [1].  Huw respected their request and I would, too.

NO.  Huw respected Suz's request.  There's a big difference.

"They" havent' made any such request that I'm aware of.  Or if they
have, it's been a more general request that several other major fan
sites violate every day.

[1] At least for pete's sake, take it underground and trade the
scans by email.  Don't be blatent about it and don't act like
there's a moral victory in thwarting the big bad LEGO company's
desire to introduce their products on their own timeline.  They

If I thought distributing the pictures was _wrong_ do you honestly
think I would feel it was LESS wrong to do it privately?  That
suggests that doing something that is wrong is only truly wrong if
you are caught.  That's not me.

are a struggling company, folks, whether you notice it from what
you see on the toy aisle or not.

Balderdash.  This whole incident doesn't even register on any sort
of negative scale with respect to them, their profits, their future,
etc.  You could probably argue much more strongly that the release
of these scan and the interest they have generated will actually do
more to HELP them - especially the fact that certain sought-after
pieces will be available in some sets.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/