 Trains / 6988
Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:46:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, David VinZant writes:
12:49 pm Pacific time

The Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club has just broken the Guiness Record for
the longest LEGO train Layout - 3232 feet, or 7752 pieces of track crossed.

Check out the live cam at www.pnltc.org

Ben Fleskes
PNLTC

I must know - how long did it take for a train to complete a single circuit??

Well done!!

JohnG, GMLTC
John
It took roughly 30 minutes to run the ~3343 feet of the layout. We maintained a
fairly regular speed thru that - hit a few slow spots when we slowed to a
crawl.  I think we had 6 controllers - each connected to 2-3 track locations -
and had a coordinator cue the folks working each controller.

Maybe someone else timed it more exactly or logged the precise connections.

- Gary Gerdes