 Trains / 6959
6958  |  6960
Subject:
PNLTC breaks guiness record!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 19:50:44 GMT

12:49 pm Pacific time

The Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club has just broken the Guiness Record for
the longest LEGO train Layout - 3232 feet, or 7752 pieces of track crossed.

Check out the live cam at www.pnltc.org

Ben Fleskes
PNLTC

Message has 9 Replies:
  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

Revised estimate now in. Corrected length is actually 3343 feet. Ben Fleskes PNLTC (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)
  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

Waahoo!! Congrats to you all !! John (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)
  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

(...) Congratulations on the record and surviving the /. effect! Thanks to everyone that uploaded all the great pictures of the event. Who made the downtown buildings? They appear to be sub-minifig scale, but they are very, very nice. KL (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)
  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

(...) Congrats from the FGLTC! Ben (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)
  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

Congratulations with the record! Also congratulations with the amount of money and work you have put into it! Let get to it: are there some better pictures of these churches? (URL) Original Message ----- From: David VinZant <legotrains@yahoo.com> (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)
  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

Congratulations from ItLUG! (...) for (...) crossed. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)
  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

(...) What did you use to power the track? Experience shows that a standard LEGO train regulator wouldn't do the job. How does that affect the record qualifications? KL (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)
  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!

(...) I must know - how long did it take for a train to complete a single circuit?? Well done!! JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)
  Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record (video)

(...) John Gerlach wants to see video! OK, I can help. I have just over two hours, including the duration of the longest layout, and longest train attempts. It's on a hi-8 master. I'm planning to make a VHS copy to send to Dan Parker for passing (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)