 Trains / 7039
Re: PNLTC breaks guiness record!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 17:32:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.trains, David VinZant writes:
The Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club has just broken the Guiness
Record for the longest LEGO train Layout - 3232 feet, or 7752 pieces
of track crossed.
Ben Fleskes
PNLTC

I'm presuming Ben / David means 7752 pieces of track connected?

Connected and crossed by a train. I think the record requires both that the
track be contiguous and formed into a layout, and that a train of some sort
traverse it.

I'm very interested in the technical details of this project.
How many motors and how far apart were they spaced?

The train itself I don't think was all that long! 6-8 cars with the "Guinness
World Record" lettering on them, pulled by one of the Erie Lackawanna like
locomotives.

Go to Brickshelf and look, would be my advice.

++Lar