 Trains / 31392
Re: Rendering with Motion Blur: My first Motion Blur Video is online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 22:54:22 GMT

--snip--

So amazing I had to blog it.

   The motion Blur has been created via a macro in “Picture Publisher8.0”. Renaming and handling of the files has still been (quite a lot!) handcraft.

I also uploded a small “tutorial” comparing motion blur vs. regular animation:

I’ll check this one out.

@Tim: I tried to work with image magick but failed. “Composing works only with two (and only two) pictures” as the manual says. Obviously IM can do the task (http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/layers/#example), but I am confused by the mass of options and orders.... Are you by chance so deep in IM, that you can easily create an example for a blended image without putting efforts into this?

Qestion two in that case: I assume I can create a batch file with repeated command lines to operate on hundreds of pictures automatically? Creating command lines, which just count upwards should be no big deal (I might use Excel to write such a text file....).

Doing it all at once might be a challenge anyway as the line length in batch files is restricted to something quite small on Windows (at least traditionally).

To answer the two togther. Question 2 lays out basically how I would do it on windows. Just keep adding layer by layer to a temporary file. On a system with proper shell scripting (eg. Linux) you could write a script to do it all at once, which newer batch scripting may offer. So it seems you’re in the same position as I am.

   BTW: Jacobs’s recommendation appears to be limited to only two pictures as well. And I am not even sure if that code can be operated under Windows, which is the only OS I have at hand.

Leg Godt!

See more pictures of my models at www.brickshelf.com

Awesome work, Ben. I’d been wondering when we’d see a new train from you but this is even more exciting to me.

Tim