 Trains / 31391
Re: Rendering with Motion Blur: My first Motion Blur Video is online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 15:11:59 GMT

Hello Lugnet Trains!

Writing answers on your own post might be considered as bad style (like uploading fuzzy megapixel pictures displaying mainly untidy LEGO building tables); but now that fun has returned to Lugnet I dare to do... :-))

If you like to share my fun, please have a look at this short video - my first ever including motion blur effects. Until here I am not really satisfied about all the results: to fast camery movement, too dark reverse side of engine - but I had fun.

The motion Blur has been created via a macro in “Picture Publisher8.0”. Renaming and handling of the files has still been (quite a lot!) handcraft.

I also uploded a small “tutorial” comparing motion blur vs. regular animation:

@Tim: I tried to work with image magick but failed. “Composing works only with two (and only two) pictures” as the manual says. Obviously IM can do the task (http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/layers/#example), but I am confused by the mass of options and orders.... Are you by chance so deep in IM, that you can easily create an example for a blended image without putting efforts into this?

Qestion two in that case: I assume I can create a batch file with repeated command lines to operate on hundreds of pictures automatically? Creating command lines, which just count upwards should be no big deal (I might use Excel to write such a text file....).

BTW: Jacobs’s recommendation appears to be limited to only two pictures as well. And I am not even sure if that code can be operated under Windows, which is the only OS I have at hand.

Leg Godt!

See more pictures of my models at www.brickshelf.com