 Trains / 25225
Re: PROPOSAL for new track (was Re: New Lego Track!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 07:23:00 GMT

I've also snipped all the rest away because I agree with it, close enough, and I
want to focus on certain things

But if I get it right, what your trying to say is that posting in newsgroups etc
is easily overlooked and taken for granted so it is important to recognise
credit where it is due, at let the authors get the glory they deserve. With that
I agree as would most others. (just not in as many words)

But just to get the record straight there are just a couple of facts in your
posting that need to be corrected

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Your first post presented images, images that clearly took a LOT of work, as if
they were your own.

Not once did I say they were mine, you improperly assumed this

When politely asked about it, you evaded the question. It
was only when pressed that you admitted that they came from somewhere else, and
tried to justify passing them off as your own...

I don't recall doing this

What you SHOULD have done, to gain and keep respect was this: Instead of putting
the same images in YOUR BrickShelf folder (maybe with a recolor of them, I seem
to remember them being a different color) you should have GIVEN A LINK to the
originals, and said "Someone sent me this link, isn't it cool, I want to thank
whoever did the original work and I want to take the topic up again". WIth that
link someone would have quickly identified the author for you, I would expect.
It would also be clearer that you had done your homework and that you weren't
claiming to have suddenly come up with a brand new idea.

The link to Brickshelf is not my folder, (in fact I don't have any folders on
Brickshelf at all) It IS the original link from the author ,gm(80), who I assume
made the images.

But, you are right and originally I should have done that, and in future I will.

Think about it and do the right thing. I believe you'll benefit from it in the
long run.

Hope that helps.

In future I will give credit were is is due. Didn't intentionally go out to
mislead or take credit for anything, just wanted to start a discussion.
Definitely succeeded there, not the discussion I originally set out to have but
interesting none the less. You lived up to your reputation Larry. And with that
I suggest the topic is closed (about the images) and we can get back to letting
Lego know we want new curved track! so with that all I can say is.............

Someone sent me this link, isn't it cool, I want to thank
whoever did the original work and I want to take the topic up again.

Thanks
Gary