 Trains / 25207
Re: PROPOSAL for new track (was Re: New Lego Track!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 13:16:30 GMT

Australia is definitely not the unique case, but more likely the typical case.
In the US, most consumers can only buy Lego trains online or from S@H.  During
the holiday shopping season, TRU may carry trains, but other than that, trains
are non-existent on retail shelves in the US.
The big question is, why arent LEGO trains available on the retail shelves?
I suspect part of it is because LEGO trains as a rule are expensive.
Expensive compared to other LEGO sets (due to the cost of the electrics)
And more to the point, expensive compared to other toy train sets.

Heck, if trains were more redily available here in australia I know I would
buy more :)