 Trains / 25172
Re: PROPOSAL for new track (was Re: New Lego Track!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 09:00:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Gary Quinlan wrote:

Well I suppose I should not expect LEGO to make any moves towards providing
tracks that would, I think, be a worthwhile investment. Silly of me to expect
others on LUGNET to agree that new track geometry would be something worthwhile
and asking for a show of support.<

No Gary not silly at all we have just echoed what the general public ask us at
our train shows (how many was it 120,000 over 3 days) I would imagine that the
Melbourne Train show get the same questions. not to mention the States as well.

<Instead there has been a majority of replies
basically saying that it's old news not worth really responding to. I'm reminded
that I'm a fool and that the niceties of posting on Lugnet are more important
than getting some sort of ground swell happening<

What niceties?? what is for sale in "Myers" or that 25% off at Target or is
there 4589 pieces in kit Bla Bla bla.

Not being a seasoned  writer of posts on lugnet I was not aware of just how
quickly you get the feeling that your point of view is not really appreciated.<

mate as a member of Lugnet your point is as appreciated as the next member
remember we all paid our membership and have the right to post as well and to
have our opinion.
Yes, it is true that if we did a poll on what LEGO should make there would a
list that could stretch from earth to the moon. And I probably don't have a clue
how LEGO decides what they will market and what really sells. What I do know is
that I've been using Lego for over 40 years and I have steered many young people
into appeciating the wonders that can be done with the plastic brick. And I know
I'm not alone, as I have also spoken to many others just like me (actually
spoken face to face) and we often scratch our heads and wonder why LEGO never
quite seems to get the idea that there is actually a fairly large group of us
out there (I'm including the silent majority here). But I have this sinking
feeling that to actually get a bit of support is not that easy to do. Maybe I
should leave it to others to let me know what I want out of my hobby.<

No Gary let your feelings be known about your hobby and our hobby (I speak for
other so called "Train Heads"

This post will probably get ridiculed and rubbished and I will rightly go back
to lurking, where I should of stayed in the beginning.

You don't have to lurk mate this way we break up the garbage of hearing what
sales are on where and who is getting the most "Posts" on the net. I think
"Train Talk ruled for about 2 weeks now not bad for 1 subject.

Gary

Cheers mate keep the faith
Peter
#348 for anyone who wants to know my member no