 Trains / 25181
Re: PROPOSAL for new track (was Re: New Lego Track!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 15:50:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel wrote:

   It is a well publicized fact that the LEGO company is in a dire financial situation. So I think it is easy to see why LEGO has not taken the 9V Train system to the next level. It is a big risk.

How’s this for a “big risk”: I say, scrap the 9 volt system, and produce specialized train parts (from the trucks on up) that are to scale with “O” gauge. Have AFOLs use existing trucks, motors, couplers, and track currently used (and already produced) in “O” gauge. The scale of O is 1:48, so the minifig would fit in just fine. That way, TLG could concentrate on producing bricks, and not sink their precious resources into reinventing the (train) wheel. As it is now, they farm out a lot of that stuff anyway.

Heck, we could do that anyway.

Heck, that’s just about what I’m going to do!

JOHN