 Trains / 25154
Re: New Lego Track!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 00:09:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen wrote:

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:IGJnyJ.1rEv@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Gary Quinlan wrote:
Fellow Lego Train Enthusiasts
Maybe with enough chatter on Lugnet and other sites Lego might decide to
investigate the possibilities! Can't hurt to try.

Too true Gary

.  Check out the ILTCO library for a
presentation by Ben Fleskes about
<http://iltco.org/library/?PHPSESSID=1058e043ee0a5c5f3b1a073054254af9 track
geometry>.  He served up everything TLG would need to proceed with this idea
{years ago}.  I believe that TLG will never make the intellectual leap from LEGO
trains {as a toy} to LEGO trains {as a hobby}.  It's too radical. (which sounds
kind of silly, given some of the stinker ideas with which TLG has decided to run
(ahem, {Galidor}, Znap, to name a few)

Silly is perhaps not strong enough (try stupid)
They have not seen the potential that we see at train shows from the true
hobbiests that would like to try it. I am sure that the same thing ould be said
in the USA.

Just thinking of cars are selling better than switches - I doubt they will
come. • Mate too much negitivness won't help either

And - the new curves - lego is a toy, and making it too complicated for
children is not always good

Who is talking about new items for the kids here? there is so muh "Crap" on the
shelves for them now that the shops can't get rid of now (Bionicles) We (AFOL's)
are probably the bigger side of the spending group by far.

How about we hear from the famous Jake McKee about his thoughts and perhaps
Leoo's on this one

Anyhow that's my 20c worth and I agree with Gary keep yelling and see what it
does.
Jake how about something from you (support)

Regards
Peter
BLTG
"Trains Rule"