 Trains / 18775
Re: Lego introduces L-gauge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 08:29:03 GMT

OK, I'll claim it. I've been using this term since late 1997. I first
mentioned this in a post in 1998, http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=46.  I
kept getting the "What gauge is this?" question from model railroader's and
I finally just said "L". That of course opened up the oppertunity to have a
converstation about how the gauge got started with the original LEGO wheels
stuck into the side of a 2x4 brick...
SteveB
PNLTC

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, Mark de Kock writes:
This morning, I received the februari issue of Model Railroader. This is a
monthly magazine for the model railroad fan. Yes, my money goes there as
well as to Lego.
On page 61, my eyes got caught on a page-size add for Lego!
See http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Markassius/Media/hpim0114.jpg

OK, who were the first folks to use the term "L-Gauge"?  I'm 99% sure the
GMLTC was using it at the NMRA show in 1999 -- anyone else want to claim
using it earlier?

Hmmm...  Since we've been using it for a few years, should we claim
copyright on it?  <grin>

I hope 2003 will bring more great train sets like the Santa Fe ones.

I think we *all* agree with that!!

John G, GMLTC