 Trains / 18767
Re: Lego introduces L-gauge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 00:06:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark de Kock writes:
This morning, I received the februari issue of Model Railroader. This is a
monthly magazine for the model railroad fan. Yes, my money goes there as
well as to Lego.
On page 61, my eyes got caught on a page-size add for Lego!
See http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Markassius/Media/hpim0114.jpg
(Sorry about the out-of-focus thingy; I'm just learning to use my new digicam.)
This shows that Lego is going strong with their train-line. This magazine
isn't just a buy-one-get-three-free mag, no, it is the top of the bill for
american (and over-seas) model railroaders! And to see my two major hobbies
coming together like this is great!

Great news, of course.

It's nice to see LEGO is trying to spread out to the model railroad market,
and show just how versatile LEGO trains can be.

Also of interesting note, the link given on the page
http://www.LEGOshop.com/LGauge  has links to the articles on trains.com that
were written by some of our fellow AFOLs...and even features James T.'s
inredible Sawnee Mountain Coal Tipple.

I hope 2003 will bring more great train sets like the Santa Fe ones.

Me too,
-Kevin