 Trains / 18774
Re: Lego introduces L-gauge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 06:49:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel writes:
This is truely thrilling to see. However, the line about a "wide variety of
accessories" gave me a chuckle. I would hope that this means additional
accessories such as automated points, crossing gates, etc are coming down
the pike...

Oh, I don't know.  Seems worthy of a chuckle, perhaps, if you only consider
items listed under the heading of "Trains".  However, if you start broadening
your outlook to include fiber optics, pneumatics, micromotors, geared motors,
non-geared motors, RCX's, suspensions, pull-back motors, train component sets,
track layout sets, bulk bricks, and the like, you might find yourself
confronting a wider selection of "Accessories" than other model train
companies offer.

I've seen all of the items I listed above used in trains, with the possible
exception of pull-back motors, and I have no doubt even those could be easily
incorporated.

So I'd say that "a wide variety of accessories" doesn't seem quite so
far-fetched.

-s