 Trains / 14863
Re: Surprise, new train set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 15:42:27 GMT

John Warren built a nice UP version, but had to use stickers to get the
windows to look right. So I'm very curious to see how LEGO does it....and if
they'll do it right or not.

http://www.ngltc.org/legooutlet2001/image21.htm

jt

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

I'm really curious to see how they model the front of this engine, there
just doesn't seem to be a really good true "LEGO" way to get the "puppy dog
eyes" look of this engine in LEGO.

Dan Siskind solved that problem-- he used 2 little Adventurer's windshields
(only works with 8 wide designs:-)  I'm not sure where some pics of it may be
though....

-John

Here's a link that has some information about the real Santa Fe Super Chief:
http://www.midwestnpioneer.org/timetable/fallenflags/superchief.html

jt

In lugnet.trains, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
Check out the "What's New" page at Shop@Home with shipping set to one of the
European countries:  http://shop.lego.com/whatsnew.asp

There is a new train set listed: Item #: 10020 - Santa Fe Super Chief.
Unfortunately not with a valid image yet, but that could change any instant.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.