 Trains / 14854
14853  |  14855
Subject:
Santa Fe Super Chief (Was: Surprise, new train set)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 07:22:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Robin Werner writes:
In lugnet.trains, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
Check out the "What's New" page at Shop@Home with shipping set to one of the
European countries:  http://shop.lego.com/whatsnew.asp

There is a new train set listed: Item #: 10020 - Santa Fe Super Chief.
Unfortunately not with a valid image yet, but that could change any instant.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Wow! Your right...

No picture but here is the text...
All aboard the Santa Fe Super Chief!

The classic Super Chief locomotive is ready to roar down the tracks again!
With its innovative engine design, the powerful, streamlined Super Chief
allowed passengers to ride in luxurious Southwestern style. Now this
detailed model brings back the magic of this famous locomotive in a special
numbered limited edition! Color scheme and decorations are the same as the
original engine, and you can add a motor (#5300) and light (#3748) to your
Super Chief. Includes engineer and mechanic mini-figures. Requires #4548
9-volt Speed Regulator to operate (sold separately).

Item#:  10020
Ages: 10+
Pieces:  436
Price: EUR 39.99

Not Available

I hope we are not stealing Brad's thunder! Hope to see some picture soon!
This sounds like a new direction for LEGO Trains...

Just based on the description I think that this set will be single-handedly
responsible for getting me into LEGO trains. It's a personal thing, you see.

My very first toy train when I was a young child was a Super Chief...my very
first HO scale train set was a Super Chief...my very last O scale train set
was a Super Chief...I was born in Orange County and raised in Los Angeles
County, and the name Santa Fe was synonomous with the word train to this
little tyke.

I can't wait to see this set, and seeing as how it's a limited, numbered
edition, I'm sure I'll be buying several.

Thank you LEGO, for giving me a piece of my childhood back.

Matt