 Trains / 14856
Re: Surprise, new train set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 11:08:12 GMT

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message
news:Gr91q0.B5r@lugnet.com...
I'm really curious to see how they model the front of this engine, there
just doesn't seem to be a really good true "LEGO" way to get the "puppy • dog
eyes" look of this engine in LEGO.

Here's a link that has some information about the real Santa Fe Super • Chief:
http://www.midwestnpioneer.org/timetable/fallenflags/superchief.html

jt

In addition to the front, it will be interestesting to see how LEGO has
modeled the distinctive red/yellow/black/silver (grey) warbonnet paint
scheme.  It will almost surely require SNOT building unless they do it with
stickers.

It probably makes sense to review the SantaFe MOCs floating around, here is
mine:

I wonder if the LEGO model will resurect this window from 4564:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/4000/4564/4564-12.html (see step 15, there
are two of them, one on each side).

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group